Chilli mango sauce
Makes 3 cups | Prep time 30 minutes | Cook time 4 hours
- 10 long red chillies
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 pairs kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Honey Gold mango cheeks, finely diced
- Deseed chillies and finely chop.
- Slice the mango cheeks from either side of the seed. Hold the cheek in the palm of your hand and slice vertically and horizontally, avoiding cutting through the skin, to create a chequered pattern of 5mm squares.
- Scoop the flesh from the mango cheek with a dessert spoon 5mm deep to achieve similar size pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and set to low. Cook for four hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bowl from slow cooker and place on a cutting board for 30 minutes to allow sauce to slowly cool.
- Bottle chilli and mango sauce.
Cream cheese dip
Serves 8 | Prep time 5 minutes
- 150ml of Appetite 4 The Wild chilli and mango sauce (above)
- 1 packet Arnott’s Original Jatz crackers
- 250g tub Philadelphia spreadable cream cheese
- Place the tub of cream cheese upside down on a plate and remove from container.
- Drizzle chilli and mango sauce on top of the Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Surround the chilli and mango dip with Jatz and serve.