- 400g venison liver
- 400g bacon
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- One large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 100g rich gravy mix
- Slice liver into thin strips.
- Put flour and mixed herbs in a plastic bag. Place strips of liver in a bag and shake to coat with seasoned flour.
- Heat a frypan to medium, add butter, onion, garlic and sauté, then remove.
- Turn up the heat and cook the bacon until brown, then remove.
- Follow directions on the packet and make the gravy.
- Fry liver in pan until golden. Reduce heat, add onions, garlic, bacon, gravy and simmer.
- Stir until gravy thickens and serve on a slice of toast.
- Venison liver is very similar in taste to lamb liver. This traditional breakfast is filled with warm, mellow and rich onion gravy.
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 20 min | Serves 4