This creamy tea-smoked red emperor soup recipe is sure to delight the tastebuds. Try something a little different with your fresh red emperor catch. The tea-smoked fish and Thai flavours blend together perfectly and can be served as an appetiser or a main meal to satisfy anyone with a penchant for quality food.
Ingredients – smoking fish
- 1 dessert spoon jasmine leaf tea
- 500g red emperor fillets
- 1 Nipper Kipper smoking oven
- To smoke the fish, follow the instruction sheet supplied by Nipper Kipper Smoker Ovens
Ingredients – soup
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 golden shallot, roughly chopped
- 30g galangal, finely grated
- 1 1/4 tbsp chilli jam
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Place stock, lime leaves, golden shallot, lemongrass and galangal in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Add chilli jam, fish sauce and simmer for a further two minutes.
- Add coconut cream and bring back to a simmer.
- Strain soup and set aside.
- Add lime juice.
- Pull apart smoked red emperor and place in soup bowls.
- Pour hot soup over fish and garnish with coriander leaves to serve.