NSW Gone Fishing Day is on again!
And NSW DPI will be running a host of events to celebrate our love of fishing and encourage everyone to get out on the water. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t fished before or if you’re the keenest of anglers, NSW Gone Fishing Day is for everyone!
Free NSW DPI community fishing events for everyone will be run in six locations across NSW on Sunday, October 15 from 9am – 3pm.
- Botany Bay, Dolls Point, Peter Depena Reserve
- Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Park
- Nelson Bay foreshore, Victoria Parade (eastern groyne)
- Lake Illawarra, Judbooley Parade foreshore (north side of Windang Bridge)
- Albury, Noreuil Park foreshore
- Inverell, Campbell Park, Captain Cook Drive
There is something for everyone, including beginners who want to learn about fishing, as well as activities for the keen angler. Free, fun-filled fishing activities at each location will include:
- How-to fish workshops
- Casting comps
- Goodie bags with bonus lures
- Expert fishing tips
- Touch tanks
- Loads of kids’ activities
- Activity marquees
Snappy, our crab mascot, will also be making an appearance and handing out lots of cool prizes. Once again, fishing clubs will be running their own Gone Fishing Day community fishing events in their local areas – see below for location details.
More info: 02 4424 7437, 0428 768 704, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gone Fishing Day is supported by the Recreational Fishing Trusts and NSW DPI.