The flavours in this delicious camp oven recipe are to die for. Italian mince with yummy fresh herbs and spinach fettuccine with a bit of grated parmesan cheese on top, what more could you ask for in the outdoors.
- 1.5kg beef mince
- 1/4 cup rice oil
- 500g jar red wine and Italian herb sauce
- 350g Kalamata sliced and pitted olives
- 360g sundried tomato strips
- 260g char-grilled capsicum
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine (shiraz)
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 200g chopped salami
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 large onions
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 500g spinach fettuccine
- Preheat 15” camp oven and place over a bed of coals.
- Place oil in oven, lightly brown onions, garlic, shallots and carrot. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add salami and mince to camp oven and brown. Add beef stock and simmer over low heat until stock reduces to half.
- Add remaining ingredients and sautéed vegetables back into the oven, stirring to combine all ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove camp oven from coals and place lid on. Sit beside the fire to keep warm and intensify flavours.
- Heat 11” camp oven, three-quarter fill with water and bring to the boil.
Place 550g spinach fettuccini in 11” oven and cook as per instructions.
- When cooked, drain fettuccini.
- Plate up pasta, serve Italian mince on top and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.