- 1kg beef mince
- 2 x 420g tins tomato soup
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 700g passata sauce
- 4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl combine beef mince, eggs, rice, chicken stock powder, garlic powder, smoky paprika and grated onion. Shape into 13 meatballs.
- Pour tomato soup and passata into an eight-litre camp oven. Use water to rinse out the tomato soup cans and passata bottle and add to oven. Add celery and basil, stir to combine and bring sauce to a simmer on the camp fire.
- Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 45 minutes.
Serve on a bed of mashed potato and garnish with basil.