This recipe makes it easy to turn those muddies you picked up in the pots into beautiful chilli mud crab delights.
- 2 uncooked mud crabs
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 shallots sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 lemon grass shoot 15cm long, finely sliced
- Clean crabs and cut each side into three sections, lightly crack shells.
- Heat oil in wok, add garlic and white part of shallots; stir fry for one minute on medium heat.
- Reduce heat, add water, sauces, ground ginger and lemon grass and mix well.
- Add crab.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until crab is cooked through and bright red in colour.
- Add remaining shallots and toss.
- Serve immediately with a side dish of fresh garden greens.