- 450g cleaned squid tubes, cut into thin strips
- 300g linguine
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 525g tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 eschalottes, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 125ml dry white wine
- Salt and cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, add garlic and eschalottes, cook and stir for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, add chilli flakes and parsley, stirring for 30 seconds. Add tomato and basil pasta sauce.
- Tip in white wine. Bring sauce to bubble and cook for 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Put a large pan of water on the boil and follow packet instructions to cook linguine.
- Stir the squid into the sauce and by the time the sauce comes back to the boil the squid should be cooked and tender.
- Drain pasta and add to the squid sauce. Toss to combine. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.