This recipe details how to make the perfect prawn kebabs with couscous. The prawns have been running strong these past few seasons, so get out there and snag a few prawns to turn into a tasty meal.
- 1/2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 500g medium green prawns, peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup couscous
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- To make the marinade, process spring onion, garlic, spices, parsley, coriander and lemon juice in a small blender.
- Thread six prawns onto each skewer.
- Add chilli sauce and oil to marinade and stir.
- Combine the marinade and prawns in a shallow dish. Turn and coat prawns, then refrigerate and cover for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water, add chicken stock cube and dissolve.
- Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Stand and cover for five minutes. Fluff up with a fork and stand for another five minutes. Season with pepper and stir through the cucumber.
- Place baking paper on barbecue plate, spray and cook prawns for two minutes each side until pink and lightly charred.
- Serve the prawns with couscous.