This delicious Mango Chutney Recipe is the ultimate dressing for a cold meat sandwich and makes a beautiful base for a curry. Support Australian farmers by buying locally grown fruit. Honey Gold mangoes are some of the sweetest-tasting mangoes on the market.
- 1kg ripe Honey Gold mangoes
- 170g chopped dates
- 80g sultanas
- 10g ginger
- 10g fresh minced garlic
- 20g salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 125ml malt vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 200g diced onions
- Remove the skin and seed from ripe mangoes and chop into roughly 1cm portions. Place in a large saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring ingredients to the boil and simmer on low heat for 1.5 hours, stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from stove top. Using a ladle, scoop the mango chutney into sterilised jars while hot until each jar is full to the top.
- Place lids on jars and invert for a minute. Stand upright and the vacuum from the heat in the chutney will seal the lid and preserve the chutney.
- When bottles cool, store in a cool dry place. This chutney will store for at least two months. Refrigerate after opening.