Get set for this delicious one-pot Italian chicken bake. Tender chicken breasts cooked with veggies make this an easy meal that’s a family hit. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the delectable juices.
- 1kg large chicken thigh fillets
- 200g smoked ham steaks cut into 1cm cubes
- 500g baby kipfler potatoes, washed, halved lengthways
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced
- 5 springs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- 125g plum tomatoes (red)
- 125g plum tomatoes (yellow)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Trim excess fat from chicken.
- Place chicken, smoked ham pieces, potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, chilli, stock and lemon juice in a large casserole dish. Season with cracked pepper.
- Place lid on the dish.
- Cook in oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the chicken and potatoes.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives. Remove the lid from the casserole dish and cook for a further 15 minutes until chicken has browned.
Serves four to six