Grilled beef with carrot and couscous salad makes for a perfect quick and easy summer meal. Fresh and tangy flavours will leave you wanting more.
- 600g piece of beef rump steak
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium red onions, cut in thin wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 75g baby rocket, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Trim the carrot and cut into 4cm pieces and dissect into wedges.
- Line oven tray with baking paper. Place carrot, onion, garlic, lemon pepper seasoning and oil on a tray and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Coat beef with coriander.
- Place couscous in a heatproof bowl, add boiling water, cover and stand for five minutes.
- Stir with a fork to separate the grains.
- Add lime juice, carrot mixture and rocket to couscous, toss to combine.
- Preheat a Weber Family barbecue on high. Cook steak for three minutes a side for a medium cook.
- Rest beef on a plate for five minutes, covering with foil.
- Thinly slice the beef, divide among plates, serving beef on top of warm carrot and couscous salad.