This beautiful Chicken breast stuffed with oysters will have your taste buds singing a symphony. A smooth blend of poultry and seafood with the crispy salty prosciutto and creamy tarragon sauce will have you wanting more.
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 800g gold sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 bunches steamed broccolini, to serve
- 1 bottle of 20 oysters
- 20g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 300ml cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Method – tarragon sauce
Melt butter in small saucepan, sauté onion until lightly browned. Add white wine, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid reduces by half. Add cream, simmer for 10 minutes, stir in tarragon until sauce thickens slightly.
Method – chicken
- Cut a deep, long pocket through the thickest side of each chicken fillet, without cutting all the way through.
- Arrange five oysters in the pocket of each breast.
- Wrap each fillet with four slices of prosciutto, tucking the ends underneath the chicken to hold in place.
- Heat a non-stick frypan on high, place chicken in pan and cook on either side until prosciutto is browned.
- Transfer chicken to an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven, cover with foil and rest for five minutes.
Serve on a bed of sweet potato mash and steamed broccolini and drizzle with tarragon sauce.