There’s more to squid than just battered or crumbed. This stuffed squid recipe with lime and chilli dressing will have your mouth watering and your tummy wanting more.
- Eight squid tubes
- 1/3 cup dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup garlic chives, chopped
- Three garlic cloves, crushed
- One lemon, segmented and diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3/4 cup medium-grain white rice
- 500g crab meat
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pairs kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Cook rice as per packet instructions. Pre-heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Combine cooked rice, dill, garlic chives, diced lemon, crushed garlic, lemon juice and crab meat. Spoon into squid tubes and secure with toothpick either end.
- Brush with oil.
- Cook squid for two minutes either side. Drizzle with chilli sauce and cook for another two minutes until opaque and then well browned.
- Warm remaining chilli sauce in microwave and combine with kaffir lime leaves.
- Slice squid tubes to serve and top with sweet chilli and lime dressing.
Don’t overfill the tubes with stuffing and allow for them to shrink slightly during cooking. Remove ends from the toothpicks to make it easier to turn the squid tubes on the barbecue.