If you love ‘eggs benny’ you’ll adore this mouth-watering smoked salmon and poached egg recipe served on yummy brioche buns.
- Four brioche rolls
- 40g spinach leaves
- 40g rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Four eggs
- 100g Tasmanian smoked salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup hollandaise sauce
- To poach the eggs, add 2” of cold water to a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add vinegar and a pinch of salt and reduce heat so water is just simmering.
- With a spoon, stir the water so it moves in a circular motion.
- Crack each egg into a bowl and gently pour them into the simmering water.
- Cook for two to three minutes for soft eggs and three to four for firm. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and place them on sheets of paper towel to dry.
- Pre-heat hollandaise sauce.
- Lightly toast brioche rolls.
- Arrange the brioche rolls on a serving platter. Top with spinach leaves, rocket leaves, slices of smoked salmon and poached eggs. Spoon over a generous amount of hollandaise sauce, season with salt and pepper and serve.