Get the coals ready for this tasty outdoor treat. Mince and mozzarella cheese jaffles are the perfect winter warmer for the entire family.
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 large brown onions, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 4 cloves Australian garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oil and lightly sauté onion and garlic in camp oven. Add carrot and broccoli and simmer.
- Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place mince in camp oven and lightly brown.
- Transfer onion, garlic and vegetables into camp oven with mince.
- Add sauces and fresh herbs and simmer for half an hour.
- Heat jaffle iron over hot coals.
- Prepare sandwich with mince and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in heated jaffle iron and close lid.
- Put jaffle iron on coals and cook one side at a time. Open jaffle iron after cooking for 10 minutes. If bread is brown, turn over and cook the other side.