WITH the festive season upon us, what better way to treat family and friends over the holidays than with this delectable mango and pineapple Christmas pudding!
- Melted butter to grease
- 125g chopped butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped
- 200g dried pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 200g dried apricot, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Grease an eight-cup pudding basin with melted butter and line base with baking paper.
- Stir the butter, sugar, mango, pineapple and apricots in a large saucepan over low heat until butter melts.
- Set aside to cool. Stir in nutmeg, flours, egg and breadcrumbs until all combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared basin and smooth top.
- Place basin in a boiler and add enough water to come halfway up the side of basin.
- Bring to a simmer over low/medium heat. Place lid on boiler, topping water up if necessary.
- Cook for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted into pudding comes out clean.
Serve with brandy or vanilla custard.