This recipe details how to turn that black kingfish (cobia) you captured offshore into a delicious black kingfish curry.
- 1kg black kingfish
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Keen’s curry powder
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Boil eggs and peel. Dissect each egg into eight portions.
- Dice shallots and place in frypan with one teaspoon butter and garlic to brown. Remove from pan.
- Cut fish into small pieces and lightly pan fry, using remaining butter to seal both sides.
- On low heat, melt butter in saucepan. Turn off and stir in flour to make a paste.
- Pour in milk, stirring thoroughly to ensure lumps are removed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to low heat, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add curry powder.
- Place fish, shallots and eggs into an ovenproof dish.
- Add sauce and stir all ingredients lightly.
- Cook in oven on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.