Snuggle up with this tasty baked black bream recipe. Using basic ingredients it’s easy to make and a nice change to grilled or fried fish.
- 1 whole black bream (scaled)
- 3 celery sticks
- 5 baby carrots
- 1/2 capsicum sliced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken or fish stock
- 2 tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Cut celery into 4cm lengths.
- Heat oil in pan; add chopped onion, celery, garlic, capsicum and whole baby carrots.
- Cook, stirring until onions are soft. Remove from pan and place in baking dish.
- Stir in wine, tomato paste, stock and thyme.
- Score the fish diagonally in three places.
- Place halved onion in fish’s stomach cavity and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish on top of vegetables and bake in oven on 180C for 45 minutes or until fish falls away from the bone. Cooking time may differ depending upon size of the fish.
This dish will serve a meal for two.